Treat the Virtual Interview as you would an In-person Interview. The difference is that technology plays a big part in the process. I have broken it down into three parts:
- Research the company, leadership, and product.
- Create your skill list for the interview.
- Prepare for questions they may ask and write the answers.
- Test your technology – check the audio and visual component.
- Choose a location that has good lighting and organized background.
- Set the camera at eye level.
- Remove distractions from the area.
- DRESS PROFESSIONALLY.
- Log in 5 to 10 minutes before the start of the interview.
- Smile and look directly at the camera.
- Use confident body language.
- Enunciate and speak slowly.
- Take notes during the interview.
- Have your questions available.
- Make sure to log-out completely after the call has ended.
- Send the interviewer a thank you note.
- Follow-up within 1 week via email to see the status of your application.
- Follow-up again in 2 weeks expressing your interest in the opportunity.